Thursday, February 09, 2012

Tale of the White Wingers

I was asked by viewers if I could post more detailed photos of this White Winged Gull and it's feathers.
Since I found this bird dead of starvation, I too have been wanting to string it as Kumlien's Gull?
But I think it's just a young Iceland Gull, though I suppose it might be a young Kumlien's?


Kumliem's Gull? If they truly exist? It is only to torment bird enthusiast such as myself.

I find it is difficult to not over expose these white birds in photos. anyways...
Here are some details in photos you asked for.





left wing tips

Left Wing

Right Wing

The "Tale" of the White Wing Gull is to be continued...
 as I have been learn about taxidermy on the internet...

I hope this helps? Please tell me what you think. Cheers.

1 comment:

  1. Straight Iceland for me, Tommy. Sorry!

    Jon

    ReplyDelete